ENWIN Offers Tips on Bill Payment
ENWIN shares the Ontario Energy Board's (OEB’s) commitment to protecting customers, and will ensure that the rules on disconnections and reconnections are strictly followed. The OEB has banned the issuance of disconnection notices to residential electricity customers until at least the end of day June 2, 2021 to coincide with the extended stay at home order. ENWIN routinely works with customers to arrange OEB-prescribed payment plans.
To help customers, ENWIN is offering some tips on bill management and bill payment options:
- ENWIN will provide an overdue notice approximately one week after the due date on your bill to encourage customers to take action. This notice includes detailed information you need to know about bill payment.
- Payment arrangements, equal billing plans and conservation programs are just some of the ways ENWIN can help you. Information is available here: https://enwin.com/financial-assistance/, or by calling ENWIN's Customer Service Call Centre at 519-255-2727.
- Other assistance is available through the Ontario COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), administered by ENWIN for local electricity customers: https://enwin.com/covid-19-energy-assistance-program/.
- At times when disconnections are permitted, ENWIN provides at least 14 days’ notice before disconnection. If a customer does not take action, we will reach out again, to offer customers another 48 hours in which to respond.
- Additional help is available through programs such as the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) or the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP): https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bill/help-low-income-consumers/low-income-energy-assistance-program
- Customer rights and responsibilities are posted on the Ontario Energy Board website: https://www.oeb.ca/consumer-protection/rules-electricity-utilities
Please make sure we have the most up-to-date customer contact information on file, so ENWIN can contact you, when necessary.
Consumers can learn more about OEB programs and regulations at https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bill/help-low-income-consumers. ENWIN's Customer Service Call Centre is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday at 519-255-2727.