ENWIN Offers Tips on Bill Payment
ENWIN Utilities Ltd. (ENWIN) is reminding customers that, the Ontario moratorium on winter hydro disconnections ends May 1. To help customers, the local utility is offering some tips on bill management.
ENWIN also asks customers to make sure the utility has the most up-to-date customer contact information on file, so that they can be easily contacted, when necessary.
The following tips can help those who are looking for bill payment options:
- ENWIN will provide an overdue notice approximately one week after the due date on your bill to encourage customers to take action. This notice includes detailed information you need to know about bill payment.
- Payment arrangements, equal billing plans and conservation programs are just some of the ways ENWIN can help you. Information is available here: https://enwin.com/financial-assistance/, or by calling ENWIN's Customer Service centre at 519-255-2727.
- ENWIN provides at least 10 days’ notice before disconnection. If a customer does not take action, we will reach out again, to offer customers another 48 hours in which to respond.
- Additional help is available through programs such as the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) or the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP): https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bill/help-low-income-consumers/low-income-energy-assistance-program
- Customer rights and responsibilities are posted on the Ontario Energy Board website: https://www.oeb.ca/consumer-protection/rules-electricity-utilities
ENWIN shares the Ontario Energy Board's (OEB’s) commitment to protecting customers, and will ensure that the rules on disconnections and reconnections are strictly followed. ENWIN routinely works with customers to arrange OEB-prescribed payment plans.
Consumers can learn about OEB programs and regulations at https://www.oeb.ca/rates-and-your-bill/help-low-income-consumers. The ENWIN Customer Service Centre is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday at 519-255-2727.