Modify an Existing Service

A Customer may choose to modify their existing service in a number of ways including:

  • Upgrading the Size of Service
  • Moving the Meter Location
  • Updating Internal Wiring
  • Changing from Overhead to Underground
  • Changing Fuse/Breaker Panel
  • Installing Generation


Most modifications will only require a cut/reconnect request from ENWIN.  Cut/Reconnect requests must be made at least 3 days in advance of the date required. As a service to our customers, we offer one free cut/reconnect on regular time for a service address per year. This excludes cut/reconnects for the purposes or connecting a generator to the system or those required outside of regular time.

When contacting ENWIN for a cut/reconnect, please have the following information available:

  • Service address
  • Contact information
  • Purpose of the cut/reconnect
  • Date/time the power should be turned off and back on
  • Identify if you require an ENWIN crew to standby (additional charges may apply)

To request a cut/reconnect, please contract our Technical Services Department by e-mail at

Service Upgrade

Please complete a Commercial Application Form to request a service upgrade. ENWIN must ensure that service equipment is properly sized for the upgrade including the meter, service wire, and transformer. Submit a Commercial Application Form to identify the new load characteristics including peak and average demand. Please refer to the New Commercial/Industrial Service section for more details.

Connecting a Generator

Please refer to our Connect a Generator section for instructions on how to apply to install generation on your home.