COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB)

Please complete only one electricity application for your registered small business or registered charity. If you previously applied for and received funding from CEAP-SB, you may reapply once more.  If you have natural gas service, you may also be able to apply separately for natural gas CEAP-SB support through your natural gas utility.

After you have provided your information, please sign this form and provide your consent by: (a) if submitting electronically, typing your name(s) in the Declaration section; or (b) if submitting by mail, you may print the completed form and sign Section 4 by hand.  Please ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.

Click here for the Online Submission Form

PDF - COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) Application Form (Electricity)

Once completed, the form can be emailed to or printed and mailed to ENWIN.

ENWIN Utilities Ltd.
4545 Rhodes Drive
P.O. Box 1625, Station A
Windsor, Ontario
N8W 5T1

CEAP-SB funding is limited and applying does not guarantee that your utility (ENWIN) has CEAP-SB funding remaining. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.  For information on residential CEAP and lower-income energy support programs available, please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website

You are eligible for this program if:

  1. As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has an active account with an electricity distributor or a unit sub-meter provider. You will be required to provide your registered business number or registered charity number.
  2. Your small business or registered charity is classified as a general service less than 50 kilowatt (kW) customer if the account is with an electricity distributor. or your small business or registered charity is using less than 150,000 kilowatt-hour (kWh) of electricity annually if the account is with a unit sub-meter provider.
  3. As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has overdue amounts owing from one or more previous electricity bill(s) incurred since March 17, 2020, the date of the initial Provincial Declaration of Emergency.

If you previously received funding under this program and are reapplying based on an overdue amounts still owing, you may qualify for additional funding up to a total combined maximum credit of $1,500.

If you are not eligible for CEAP-SB, your business may still be eligible for property tax and energy bill rebates.  More info can be found here.

If you are not eligible for CEAP-SB, your place of residence may still be eligible for residential CEAP or lower-income energy support programs. Please contact your utility for information on entering into a payment agreement. You may also visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information.


When submitting this completed form to your utility, please do not provide any personal information. The term “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990 c. F.31. Please note that information requested in this form is business identity information (i.e., name, title, and business contact information), not personal information.

Should any personal information be provided within this form, this personal information will be collected by your utility in accordance with applicable privacy legislation such as the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the licence granted to it by the Ontario Energy Board under the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998.

Your business information is being collected for the purpose of administering CEAP-SB, including but not limited to, determining your eligibility for CEAP-SB.

In addition, your utility may use information already collected from you for the purposes of administering your utility account (e.g., any data respecting billing, bill payments), for the purposes of evaluating your eligibility for CEAP-SB and administering CEAP-SB.

The funding for CEAP-SB is provided by the Government of Ontario. Given that, in order to verify and determine whether you were eligible for CEAP-SB and/or to otherwise administer CEAP-SB, it may be necessary for your utility to share your information with the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. If the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines requests any of the information, including personal information contained in this form in order to verify your eligibility for CEAP-SB or for audit purposes related to the administration of CEAP-SB, your utility will supply it to them. The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines may contact you for further information as part of their audit. You are encouraged to retain any documentation that demonstrates you meet the eligibility for CEAP-SB.

By completing and submitting this application form, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information, including personal information as described above.

For questions related to the collection of information in this form, email

Online Submission Form

Your utility (ENWIN) will review this application and notify you whether you are eligible for CEAP-SB. If approved, a one-time credit amount will appear on your next bill or the following one, depending on where you are in the billing cycle.