COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB)
Please complete only one electricity application for your registered small business or registered charity. You cannot receive COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) funding for multiple storefronts or locations, and you can only receive CEAP-SB funding from your electricity provider once. If you have natural gas service, you may also be able to apply separately for natural gas CEAP-SB support through your natural gas utility.
After you have provided your information, please sign this form and provide your consent by: (a) if submitting electronically, typing your name(s) in Section 4; or (b) if submitting by mail, you may print the completed form and sign Section 4 by hand. Please ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
Once completed, the form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or printed and mailed to ENWIN.
ENWIN Utilities Ltd.
4545 Rhodes Drive
P.O. Box 1625, Station A
CEAP-SB funding is limited and applying does not guarantee that your utility (ENWIN) has CEAP-SB funding remaining. Applications will be processed in the order they are received. For information on residential CEAP and lower-income energy support programs available, please visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website.
Small businesses and registered charities may be eligible for CEAP-SB if they meet all of the following criteria:
- The customer has an active account with an electricity distributor, a USMP or a natural gas distributor.
- The customer’s account falls within the following class:
- For customers of an electricity distributor, the General Service less than 50 kW rate class.
- For customers of a USMP, the relevant commercial class that uses less than 150,000 kWh of electricity annually.
- For customers of a natural gas distributor, a non-residential rate class that uses less than 50,000 cubic meters of gas annually.
Customers can find information about their class on their bill, or they can contact their distributor or USMP.
- The customer has a registered business number or charitable registration number for the small business or registered charity operating out of the premises.
- The customer’s account was in good standing on March 17, 2020, and the customer was not enrolled in an arrears payment agreement for amounts owing prior to March 17, 2020. However, customers that enrolled in an arrears payment agreement for amounts that became owing after March 17, 2020 can be eligible for CEAP-SB.
- The customer failed to make complete payment for the electricity and/or natural gas charges (as applicable) on at least two bills issued since March 17, 2020, and has an overdue balance on the date of their application for CEAP-SB.
- The customer’s small business or registered charity premises was required to close* to the public for regular operations for at least 15 days as a result of a government order or inability to comply with public health recommendations.
* “to close” means that the small business or registered charity was unable to maintain regular operations as a result of government order or health recommendations that required them to either fully close operations, limit access to their premises or limit the services provided or available to the public.
You may be eligible for an enhanced credit if your small business or registered charity’s main heating source is electricity.
If you are not eligible for CEAP-SB, your place of residence may still be eligible for residential CEAP or lower-income energy support programs. Please contact your utility for information on entering into a payment agreement. You may also visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information.
NOTICE AND CONSENT
When submitting this completed form to your utility (ENWIN), please do not provide any personal information. The term “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990 c. F.31. Please note that information requested in this form is business identity information (i.e. name, title, and business contact information), not personal information.
Should any personal information be provided within this form, this personal information will be collected by your utility (ENWIN) in accordance with applicable privacy legislation such as the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the licence granted to it by the Ontario Energy Board under the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998.
Your business information is being collected for the purpose of administering CEAP-SB, including but not limited to, determining your eligibility for CEAP-SB.
In addition, your utility (ENWIN) may use information already collected from you for the purposes of administering your utility (ENWIN) account (e.g., any data respecting billing, bill payments), for the purposes of evaluating your eligibility for CEAP-SB and administering CEAP-SB.
The funding for CEAP-SB is provided by the Government of Ontario. Given that, in order to verify and determine whether you were eligible for CEAP-SB and/or to otherwise administer CEAP-SB, it may be necessary for your utility (ENWIN) to share your information with the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines. If the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines requests any of the information, including personal information contained in this form in order to verify your eligibility for CEAP-SB or for audit purposes related to the administration of CEAP-SB, your utility (ENWIN) will supply it to them. The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines may contact you for further information as part of their audit. You are encouraged to retain any documentation that demonstrates you meet the eligibility for CEAP-SB.
By completing and submitting this application form, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information, including personal information as described above.
For questions related to the collection of information in this form, email email@example.com.
Online Submission Form
Your utility (ENWIN) will review this application and notify you whether you are eligible for CEAP-SB. If approved, a one-time credit amount will appear on your next bill or the following one, depending on where you are in the billing cycle.