Important Information - Save On Energy Program Changes
April 1, 2019
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) has been directed to implement changes to conservation programs in Ontario.
- As of April 1, 2019, the IESO will be responsible for all aspects of conservation program delivery.
- ENWIN is still here to support our customers' conservation efforts. We will be able to continue to work with customers who have existing applications that have already received pre-approval from ENWIN under the Retrofit, PSU, or Audit Funding programs. We will need to complete these projects by December 31, 2020.
- New applications can no longer be accepted for any of the following conservation programs, as of April 1, 2019: Audit Funding, High Performance New Construction (HPNC), Monitoring & Targeting, Existing Building Commissioning and Heating & Cooling.
- For additional information on conservation program changes, please visit the IESO's Save On Energy website.
New Retrofit Application Portal
On April 8, 2019, the Save On Energy Retrofit Program will be migrating to a new application portal:
- In anticipation of this migration, we ask that customers commence creating draft applications only if they intend to submit them prior to March 31, 2019. Any drafts not submitted by this date will be lost in the migration.
- In preparation for the new application system launch, please be aware that customers will be unable to submit and/or edit existing applications from March 31, 2019 to April 7, 2019. Once the new application system is online, existing account holders will be required to change their passwords, when logging in for the first time.
- We will be unable to process any applications while the application system is offline. Please note that you still must have pre-approval on your project before starting.
- A user guide in PDF format can be downloaded here, to help you navigate the new application system: Retrofit Program User Guide
For further information regarding changes to the Save On Energy program, see the following links: