ENWIN Warns Customers About Potential Online Fraud Attempts
November 29, 2021
Windsor, ON: ENWIN Utilities Ltd. (ENWIN) is warning customers to be on the lookout for online fraud attempts on social media. ENWIN has received notice of sponsored social media posts falsely advertising in our name. The post suggests ENWIN customers should click the advertisement for a free Energy Saving Kit. ENWIN did not post this information and does not endorse this program.
ENWIN reminds customers to be careful about online offers and to always visit our website www.enwin.com, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 519-255-2727 to verify programs or offers they hear about online.
“We are always on guard for online scam and fraud schemes,” says Robert Spagnuolo, ENWIN’s Director of Customer Service and Privacy Officer. “I hope that this message will help our customers avoid the losses that can be associated with these attempts.”
ENWIN encourages customers to be vigilant against scam attempts by following these tips:
- Remember, scam artists will develop elaborate schemes to defraud the public;
- If someone comes to your home, ask for photo ID and if in doubt, call ENWIN to verify at 519-255-2727;
- Don’t call phone numbers provided to you in an email or voicemail. Instead call ENWIN directly at 519-255-2727.
- Never make a payment for a charge that isn’t listed on your most recent bill.
- Never share personal information about your bills or finances with a stranger;
- If you feel unsafe, call Windsor Police Service or 911.