Life Support Notification
If you or a loved one needs uninterrupted electrical power for medical equipment, like a ventilator or kidney dialysis machine, please complete the Life Support Notification Form and fax it to customer service.
If you need life support, you should be aware of our policy:
- A life support customer should have an alternative source of electricity nearby, like a battery backup system or generator.
- A life support customer should have a battery-operated radio, with a supply of fresh batteries, so they can listen to news updates during bad weather. You can also follow outage information on Twitter (@ENWINutilities) or on the ENWIN website.
- A life support customer should always make arrangements to leave their home if the outage is extended.
- We will not always be able to notify life support customers of all outages, because some are unplanned.
- Life support customers should decide if their situation is critical enough to call for an ambulance.
Although we do not supply generators to Life Support customers, we will try to be sensitive to the needs of these customers when power is being restored throughout the city. This does not guarantee that your electricity will be restored before it is restored for others.