From time to time, ENWIN works with contractors, to complete the work associated with the delivery of electricity, water or conservation programs.
These partners may, when necessary, interact with customers at their home or place of business. For example, a contractor might request access to the backyard for tree trimming, or need to enter the property to implement conservation measures or install a water meter.
Here are some things you should know to be safe:
- ENWIN does not go door to door asking for payment of bills
- ENWIN will not ask you for personal information at your door
- It is very rare for ENWIN contractors to visit door-to-door
- If a contractor will be in your neighbourhood, ENWIN will make every attempt to notify customers in advance, by phone or in writing, or both
If you are concerned:
- Ask for photo ID and get the name of the visitor and the business
- Call ENWIN at 519-255-2727 to verify the identity of the visitor
- Never share personal information about your bills or finances with a stranger
- Remember that you are in charge. Don't give anyone access to your home, unless you know it is safe
- If you ask a visitor to leave, they must leave right away
- If you feel unsafe, call Windsor Police Services