Fraud & Scam Alerts
Stay informed of reported scams and keep your personal information protected.
Have you received a call threatening to disconnect your electricity? Customers have reported getting automated calls that sound like they're from ENWIN, with a message threatening to disconnect power unless the customer makes an immediate payment.
If you receive any communication from ENWIN that sounds suspicious, please do not provide any personal information. Call our Customer Service Call Centre at 519-255-2727 to ensure you are speaking to an ENWIN representative.
ENWIN encourages customers to be vigilant against scam attempts by following these tips:
- Remember, scam artists will develop elaborate schemes to defraud the public.
- If someone comes to your home, ask for photo ID and if in doubt, call ENWIN to verify at 519-255-2727.
- Don’t call phone numbers provided to you in an email or voicemail. Instead call ENWIN directly at 519-255-2727.
- Never make a payment for a charge that isn’t listed on your most recent bill.
- ENWIN does not accept cryptocurrency as a form of payment, or accept payments through convenience store kiosks.
- ENWIN does not conduct disconnection activity outside of regular business hours (evenings, weekends).
- Never share personal information about your bills or finances with a stranger.
- If you feel unsafe, call Windsor Police Service or 911.
For more information on fraud prevention, visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/report-scam-or-fraud or follow ENWIN on Twitter @ENWINUtilities.
Recent Fraud Alerts:
ENWIN Phone and Door to Door Scam Alert
Twitter Alert: Messages regarding e-transfer of funds
ENWIN Warns Customers About Potential Online Fraud Attempts
Consumer Alert: Beware misleading offers regarding COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program
Ontario Energy Board Alerts Customers to Beware Scams During COVID-19 Emergency
ENWIN Alerts Customers to Potential 1-800 Number Scam
ENWIN Alerts Customers to Potential for Bitcoin Scams